Saturday, April 24, 2010

Colors of Mexico


The colors of Mexico are so warm and exciting. No such thing as pastel, no living quietly. So much of the pottery, and the color pallet in general, reminds me of Italy.  That will be high on my "Observations" list when we are in Italy next month. The Mexican Talavera pottery designs seem so similar to the Majolica and Amalfi designs.

Watch this blogsite for pictures from Italy.  I'm hoping to bring home a shallow spaghetti bowl with a rooster on it to match the one of my grandmother's that one of my kids broke when they were little.  I'm not naming names, but it was my oldest!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy. This is Barb Claman, I just saw your name on my facebook, and went to your link, and started reading about your adventure in Mexico :D
    LOVE Mexico, and have been to Cabo, Ensenada, Nogales, etc. and, love the colors. Now, to read the rest of your journal. Take care kathy!

    ReplyDelete