Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Catching up

I had good intentions that no matter what pitfalls or roadblocks we encountered on our road to retirement in Mexico, I would post it here.  But when bad stuff started happening, I found I didn't want to write about it.  But I'm making myself do it.

Our Plan A for financing the dream (ie, pay off the land and start building) was to sell our cabin.  No buyers.  So Plan B was to refinance the cabin. The appraisal came back so low, it didn't even generate enough money to pay off the land.  Fortunately, we are buying the land from friends who are letting us pay off the balance in installments. Not just good friends - GREAT friends!

Building a house will take a while and a little more creative financing.  Not sure how we are going to do that, but at least we will have the land.  We are planning a trip down to OUR BEACH this winter.  We will sit on the sand with a cooler and a sunbrella!

No comments:

Post a Comment